Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mary, Ilona

Tendus: Mary said that the tendus initiate with the foot. Amazingly, I thought of lifting the instep, and it made a huge difference in my tendus. Mary even noticed.

Petit allegro, Mary said that the gesture leg should only go as high as you can jump, and the position should assemble in the air above it.

Retiré: I have been unable to balance my pelvis laterally. Ilona told me I needed to release a muscle (maybe it was the glut. med.s or something), but when she fixed it, I felt a definite release on the outside of my hips. (Lateral as opposed to medial.)

Closing fifth: Now that I have a decent enough fifth to be corrected, but Mary and Ilona corrected my fifth, as in I need to close it and rotate it more.

Chassé: remaining turned out. we worked on that with Ilona.

tendu, cou-de-pied en tournant: turn in fifth, then move the gesture leg.

En dedans turns: Ilona was pushing me to go for two, but I couldn't do it. I need to generate the force correctly, so that I don't distort my alignment. Needs more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment