Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just Ilona today

Forgot to add from yesterday that the bending of the front knee in tendu as described by Mary in the Ballet U blog seemed to make it easier to close fifth. But if you don't have a tight fifth, are you supposed to bend the knee?

Ilona mentioned something about it the other day.

We talked about the rhythm of glissade, grand jete. I don't think I got it. will need to ask again. and how it differs when you grand jete with the same leg. and how big is the glissade?

Should also follow up on the part of the foot that makes sure it doesn't flop. Not the toes, Ilona, said. At least, that didn't always work.

Ashley told me that I wasn't spotting my turns a la seconde with my arms up in fifth. It's true, once I added the spot, I was more on balance.

I think I also turn in my turns a la seconde. Need to check. and also, Ashley said my knees aren't straight.

Tendus en tournant pivot in 5th and then tendu, but they happen pretty quickly.

working on keeping the fillé turned out, especially from arabesque.

also, placing the foot on the floor is more important than how we leave the floor, at least in terms of what I need to work on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment