Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mary and Ilona

Ilona:
The fillé into the chassé from arabesque. She's still getting after me for it. It's because I don't fillé through the first position the way I do balançoire.

En dedans turns: it's the connection to the second arm/side/back that's missing.

Also, don't drop the chin! Keep the focus out and lifted.

Work on the head, especially in allegro. This came up during the sissone développé, coupé, assemblé, both a la seconde. We use the "écarté derriere" heads and arms, even though the torso is en face.

Don't forget to actually jump in petit allegro! It's about the UP.

Especially in allegro, roll through the foot on the way down. Even just in the steps. or tombé.

Mary
I was trying to do fast tendus and my tendus à la seconde weren't in a straight line.

Turns from second. Yikes. Really get on the leg by pressing down into the floor, and stretching the front of the hip joint.

There's always so much in this class, yet I struggle to remember it all! Remember more corrections!

No comments:

Post a Comment