Monday, March 12, 2012

Marcus Sunday, Ilona Monday

Marcus:

When I stand in fifth, Right foot front, I'm not grounded. Please work on that!

It's really hard to hold an extension in second. The gesture leg needs to be fully active!

Balancés should have it's own character and fluidity, not just ignored until you get to the next step.

Chassés should be much more grounded all the way through.

When I plié, I tend to lower my chin. But instead, open up. Show yourself to the audience as you prepare for the next step.

Ilona:

Standing in a very loose fifth makes it easier to find a tighter fifth later in class.

as I éleve, there's a point where I lose my ankles, but if I think of pulling up the insteps of my foot, I regain stability.

keep hips even in retiré. (Tendency was to lift the side of the gesture leg.)

Arabesque, even with tendu, needs to be on the balls of the feet of the supporting leg. Otherwise it goes into the rectus femoris.

When doing big jumps, don't lose the form of the turnout nor of the feet.

Pirouettes: keep my arms with me (instead of leaving them behind me when I turn).

No comments:

Post a Comment